Monday, October 10, 2022

Collage Creative Process

To start our creative process, we met up and began to brainstorm ideas. We made a list of specific details from the movie that we knew we wanted to incorporate. After that, we thought of places we could find these items and gathered as many things as we could that related to the movie in any way possible. We thought of ways to enhance our creativity, leaving us with a collage we were all very proud of and had a fun time making. I have to say the most challenging part of this project was making an origami unicorn. I had to watch so many tutorials and almost gave up on it 3 times. I was able to find a tutorial for the unicorn shown in Blade Runner - which I found to be pretty cool. The collage consists of magazine cutouts, stickers, paint, cardboard, duct tape, drawings, origami, and so many more materials. This was a really enjoyable process and I am proud of how it turned out!

Notes post class:

It was interesting to see how each group interpreted the assignment. There were many elements from the film that each group decided to point out collectively - like the dove or the unicorn. We were prompted with the question of how the quote resonates with you personally. For me, it was a challenge to respond at first. It is a powerful quote, which is why I struggled to resonate with it. I have been fortunate enough to not experience anyone close to me pass, so I have never encountered death in the ways others have. However, the quote reminded me of past books I've read relating to the afterlife. One book, which unfortunately I cannot remember the title of, shows the afterlife as decreasing in age each year that one is there. The protagonist of the novel is a teenager who learns these things over time while in the afterlife. The quote essentially describes life flashing before your eyes before death. This is shown similarly in so many films. Roy's life is fading away with the raindrops and there is no one left to share those memories. Everyone who shared his experiences have passed. This film was amazing and I really enjoyed interpreting it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Process for Final

 When deciding on a movie, we wanted it to be something creative that no one else would do. We googled sci-fi movies and passed around a bun...