Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Matrix Debate Conclusion

 The phrase "red pill vs. blue pill" refers to the ultimatum Neo is given at the end of the film, The Matrix. Both sides of the debate make extremely valid arguments. Taking the blue pill, you are continuing to live your normal day-to-day life with content. With the red pill, you are told your entire life is a lie and are expected to handle the truth gracefully. The blue side made the point of "ignorance is bliss," which ended up being a huge topic of discussion for both sides. Red pill takers disagreed with the statement, while blue pill takers continued arguing its truth. Taking the blue pill, you essentially are living a "lie," however, the only life you've ever known isn't broken apart. You continue to live your life in comfort and contentment - without fear. The red pill, however, leaves you with constant fear and worry. You don't actually know that Morpheus is telling you the truth and your stability is destroyed. In the end, each side never actually agreed on who technically "won" the debate. From my own personal perspective, I agree with taking the blue pill. I am very content with my current life. To know that every relationship I've ever made, or the entire life I've lived, was not real, I could not handle it. I side with the blue pill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Process for Final

 When deciding on a movie, we wanted it to be something creative that no one else would do. We googled sci-fi movies and passed around a bun...